HIPAA Officer and Employee Training
Learn the ins and outs of the federal HIPAA regulation. We cover HIPAA’s Privacy, Security, Omnibus, and Breach Rules, and applicable State regulations regarding HIPAA. We offer Basic Privacy and Security employee training and advanced HIPAA Compliance Officer training.
HIPAA Privacy and Security Training
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, i.e., HIPAA (Public Law 104-191, Aug 20, 1996) requires specific organizations (i.e., covered entities and business associates) to implement and adhere to regulations that restrict the use and disclosure of protected health information (PHI).
- HIPAA’s Privacy Rule went into effect in April 2003.
- Administrative Simplification Compliance Act (ASCA) went into effect on October 16, 2003.
- HIPAA Security Rule went into effect in April 2005.
- The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) was given the authority to enforce HIPAA by imposing financial penalties against non-compliant entities.
- HIPAA’s Enforcement Rule went into effect in March 2006.
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) went into effect in February 2010.
- The Breach Notification Rule was also implemented at that time.
- The Omnibus Rule was released by HHS on January 17, 2013.
- HIPAA Safe Harbor Bill (HR 7898), which amends HITECH Act, went into law on January 5, 2021.
Covered entities regulated by the Privacy and Security Rules are obligated to comply with all their applicable requirements and should not rely on this summary as a source of legal information or advice.
Our Management Portal
Our easy-to-use Service Solution Packages include access to our custom Management portal that allows you to manage your employees, employee-related documents, and training at your fingertips.
- Share and share your important organizational documents.
- Allows for electronic signatures.
- Access to customizable forms, policies, and procedures.
- Online training modules, such as employment, HIPAA, IPC, OSHA, and more.
- Customized Employee Onboarding and Orientation.*
- Customized Compliance Assessments, Review Calendar, and Documentation
HIPAA Compliance Officer Training
Compliance Officers, such as the Privacy Officer and the Security Officer, are required to handle specific aspects of HIPAA compliance. We train managers, compliance officers, and risk assessment personnel on how to comply to regulations.
Terms and conditions apply.
HIPAA State Regulation Training
Many States have passed variant complementary laws regarding their State’s HIPAA protections of personal health information. These regulations added to the requirements covered entities and their business associates for those that provide services to Texas patients.
Terms and conditions apply.
We Work With a Wide Range of Industries
Recharge Digital Consultants proudly assist key players in several industries with consulting, done-for-you, and do-it-yourself services.
Our core process areas of education and experience are in:
- Accounting / Bookkeeping
- Human Resources
- Marketing / Sales
- Customer Experiences / Patient Experiences
- Regulation / Compliance
Industries we assist:
- Advertising / Marketing Firm, Answering Services, E-Prescribing Services, Medical Transcriptionists
- Bill and Account Collectors, Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Firms, Budget and Financial Analysts
- Entrepreneurs, Founders, & Business Owners, Consultants and Coaches
- Construction and Skilled Trades, Professional & Home Services
- Audiologists (Hearing Specialists), Eye Care Clinics, Family Therapists
- Chiropractic Clinics, Dental Practices, Private Physician and Practitioner Offices, Mental Health Psychologist Offices
- Long-Term Facilities and Homes, Home Health Care Providers, Rehabilitation Clinics, Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF), Adult Family Homes (AFH)
- Medical Equipment Providers, Medical Records and Health Information Specialists (Coding), Professional Medical Interpreters and Translators